Oolong tea is a traditional Chinese caffeinated beverage which is manufactured from the buds, stems and leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. The leaves of the same plant are also used to make black and green tea but the unique process to make oolong tea differentiates from the black and green tea. To prepare oolong tea the plant needs to be withered under strong sun and then goes for oxidation before curling and twisting.
Oolong tea is packed with many essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, folic acid, niacin, detoxifying alkaloids and Vitamins A, C, E. Oolong tea is beneficial for strengthening the immune system, cancer treatments, diabetes cure, tooth decay management, maintaining heart health, stress reduction, brain function improvement, etc.
Help to Lose Weight
Oolong tea is very beneficial for your overall health but at the same time, it also works really well to shed those extra pounds and helps you maintain your body weight with regular intake.
Improve Metabolism Rate
Oolong tea contains a lot of antioxidants, which help to improve the metabolism rate of the body by 10%. And we all know that increased metabolism means more burning of calories which ultimately leads to weight loss.
Oolong tea is semi-oxidised, so its consumption produces a polyphenol molecule, which activates the enzyme lipase and this enzyme helps to lower the cholesterol level in the body and dissolve the body fat. This process, in turn, helps one to lose weight gradually.
Addiction to hot beverages also adds to your weight. Replacing your calorie-laden morning or mid-afternoon latte with oolong can help you to be successful in your weight loss regime as oolong tea is a calorie-free tea.
How to Make Oolong Tea for Weight Loss
Let’s now learn how to make a cup of perfect oolong tea that will help you to lose weight successfully.
Oolong Tea Leaves
- Loose Oolong Tea Leaves – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Tea infuser
- Take 1 cup of water in a saucepan and boil it.
- Pour the water into the cup.
- Take the tea infuser and pour the loose oolong tea leaves to it.
- Place it on the cup with hot water and let the leaves steep for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy this refreshing tea at least twice a day to lose weight as well as maintain your weight successfully.
Oolong Tea Bags
- Oolong Tea Bag – 1
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Take 1 cup of hot water and dip the oolong tea bag into it.
- Cover it with a saucer and let it steep for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take out the tea bag and consume the oolong tea.
- Consume 2 to 3 cups of oolong tea to lose weight.
Oolong Tea Powder
- Oolong Tea Powder – 1 tsp
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Take 1 cup of hot water and the oolong tea powder to it.
- Let it steep for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Strain the tea and sip it slowly.
- Take this tea regularly to gain its benefits for weight loss.