This wheat upma healthy breakfast recipe is rich in fibre content. Wheat upma is low fat recipe and start burning your calories in a healthy and tasty way.
- Broken Wheat- ½ cup
- Mustard Seeds- ¼ tsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chilies- 2 tsp
- Chopped Onions-1 cup
- Grated Ginger- ½ tsp
- Green Peas- ¼ cup
- Chopped Carrots- 1/2 cup
- Chopped Coriander- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Clean and wash the broken wheat methodically.
- Parboil the broken wheat in 3 cups of hot water for about 3- 4 minutes. Drain it and keep aside.
- Heat up the oil in a pressure cooker and add mustard seeds to it.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chilies, saute it on medium flame for little seconds.
- And add onions and ginger, mix well and saute on medium flame for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Then add, chopped carrots and green peas, blend well and saute on medium flame for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Combine broken wheat, salt and 1¼ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Before opening the lid, allow the steam to evaporate.
- Decorate it with finally chopped coriander and is ready to serve hot.