You might have great hair and great looks, but you wouldn’t stand a chance with your close friends if you carry dandruff on your hair. It is hard to hide the fact that you have dandruff and it can be quite embarrassing. Sometimes you wouldn’t even realize the fact that others are observing your hair and the traces of dandruff that makes you scratch your scalp every now and then.
Nevertheless, I agree that dandruff is a common disorder and around 50% of the population keeps getting dandruff. The reason is simple. There are several causes that can bring dandruff. Understanding these causes is essential if you wish to get rid of dandruff for good.
Proper Hair Care
Proper hair care should be an essential part of your routine if you wish to stay away from dandruff.Irregular and improper hair brushing can gradually lead to dandruff. It is a common cause that causes dandruff and other hair problems.When you are combing your hair, the dead skin cells are easily removed. However, in the absence of combing the dead cells are not removed and they stick to your scalp. Eventually this layer of dead skin develops into dandruff.
Lack Of Shampooing
Lack of enough shampooing can lead to dandruff. Shampooing removes the dead skin cells and excess oil accumulations from your scalp.
In the absence of proper shampooing these skin cells and oily deposits lead to dandruff.
White vinegar is one of the best home treatments for dandruff. Vinegar has acetic acid that prevents growth of fungi on your scalp and relieves itching.
- Add one-half cup of vinegar to two cups of water. Rinse your hair with this mixture after shampooing your hair.
- Another option is massage your scalp with a mixture of two parts white vinegar, one part olive oil and three parts water. After 10 minutes, rinse it off and shampoo your hair using a mild shampoo.
The herb fenugreek has antifungal and soothing properties that can help control dandruff to a great extent.
- Soak two to three tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the morning, grind them into a fine paste. You can also add a few teaspoons of plain yogurt to it.
- Apply the paste all over your scalp and leave it in for 1 hour.
- Rinse it out and shampoo your hair.
- Do this once or twice a week.
Remember to be patient when using these natural remedies for dandruff. You’ll need to follow the remedy of your choice consistently for best results.