Jars of tomatoes, peaches and pears inspired me to first try making jams and jelly myself. This jam is one my family enjoys on warm homemade blueberry muffins. The cinnamon’s a bit of an amaze.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- Crush blueberries; measure 2-1/2 cups and put in a large pot. Add the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves; bring to a rolling boil over high heat, raking constantly. Fast stir in the pectin. Return to a full rolling boil; boil for 2 minute, raking constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Then Cinnamon Blueberry Jam ready.