Any pain in the abdominal area is referred as stomach pain or stomach ache. There are different organs in the abdomen and any problems or diseases of any of these organs can be a source of stomach pain. Hence there are different causes of stomach pain. Most of the causes are not serious and can be readily treated.
The following are the natural and herbal home remedies that you can think of when it comes to effectively treating many kinds of stomach discomfort and problems.
Ginger is one the well-known natural remedy for a lot of health ailments. It has rich sources of anti-inflammatory properties as well as antioxidant properties. Taking fresh ginger when you suffer from stomach pain or cramps will help alleviate the pain.
• Add a few pieces of mashed ginger in your morning and evening tea, preferably green tea, to do away with stomach ache in two to three days.
• Add a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice to one tablespoon of lime juice and mix them well in a glass of water.
• Now add a tablespoon of honey to this mixture and drink this juice every day in the morning to alleviate stomach aches.
2. Warm Saltwater
Warm saltwater is not just a home remedy to treat sore throat but it also works equally good for an upset stomach.
• In a cup of warm water add one teaspoon of salt. Stir it well so that the salt dissolves completely in water.
• Drink this water as quickly as possible to take care of stomach cramps, pain and an upset stomach.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a rich ingredient that works as an antiseptic and also is a natural cleaner. It helps in the absorption of nutrients and prevents indigestion. It is very good when it comes to stomach pains.
• Add two or three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of cold or warm water. Mix it well.
• Consume this water before taking a meal to help prevent stomach pains.
4. Fresh Mint Juice
Fresh mint leaves also aid in digestion and is used a remedy to treat stomach pains and cramps.
• Chewing one or two fresh mint leaves two or three times a day for a couple of days will bring a lot of relief to your stomach pain.
• Add few sprigs of mint to a cup of hot boiling black tea.
• Drink this tea two to three times a day.
• It will provide you very good relief from stomach pains.
5. Lemon Water
One of the easily available fruits in your home would be a lemon. If you do not find ginger or mint in your home, then you can very well drink fresh lemon juice to help in reducing stomach pain.
• Add two to three teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to a cup of warm water. Mix it well.
• Drink it two or three times a day to experience big relief from your stomach pains.