If you have healthy bones you will be able to provide a strong framework to the body as well as protect the internal organs. Strong bones are required for one to maintain a best posture as well as strength and balance. There are certain key ingredients that need to be supplemented by diet in order to keep the bones strong and healthy. Calcium vitamins, fiber, phosphorous, magnesium, other minerals and protein are among the numerous nutrients which are especially applicable for bone health. If one consumes healthy food containing such nutrients they will be able to enjoy strong bones as well as reduce the chances of suffering from arthritis, inflammations, joint problems and others.
Calcium helps to build healthy bones and when it comes to the best source of calcium, it is milk. Milk is known to contain other beneficial property.
• Milk contains potassium, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamins A, D and B12.
• It is necessary to consume two glasses of milk daily for good healthy bones and teeth.
Children in their growing years need to drink a lot more milk. When one is an adult, as per preferences and weight considerations, one can choose between skim, full or low fat milk. If one is unable to have milk directly, they can add on nutritional supplements or make a smoothes to enjoy the benefits while having changed the taste.
Cheese is another good source of calcium and other vital nutrients which can ensure strong bones.
• It contains vitamins A, D, potassium, riboflavin, protein, magnesium, vitamin B12 and phosphorous
• Cheese being low in lactose content, it is best for those who are unable to have milk due to lactose intolerance.
When it comes to cheese, there are different kinds to opt for such as goat cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan, cheddar, Swiss, mozzarella and others. One should consume small amount of cheese on a regular basis in order to enjoy its benefits.
When you are trying to ensure healthy bones, you need to consider all the different by products of milk including also yogurt.
• It is a good source of calcium
• If one consumes one cup of yogurt they will have fulfilled their daily calcium requirements.
• Yogurt contains other minerals and vitamins like magnesium, protein, phosphorus, riboflavin, potassium, vitamins A,D,B12.
Today Greek yogurt is popular in the market. This form of yogurt is known to contain higher amount of protein and lower levels of calcium and vitamin D. Thus, one will gain better benefits for their bones if they consume the plain form of yogurt.
4. Collard Greens
This green and leafy vegetable contains many benefits for healthy bones.
• It contains calcium in good measure along with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin K and magnesium
• It has anti bacterial, anti diabetic and anti cancer properties
One should consume collard greens as one cupful everyday or several times in a week to reap its health benefits.
• One can lightly steam the vegetables with onion and garlic
• It can be added to salads as well as soups
5. White Beans
While legumes are good for health, white beans in particular ensure healthy bones and teeth.
• Good amount of calcium, essential minerals, fat free protein and fiber is contained from white beans
• Minerals like potassium, magnesium and phosphorous is obtained from it
• No matter what kind of beans one chooses, a cup of beans needs to be soaked overnight in order to be consumed
• It can be added in stews, bean spread, baked vegetables, soups and other dishes
One can try a variety of beans as well like:
If you love sardines, there is now more reason to enjoy it due to the many benefits it provides.
• It is an excellent source of calcium as well as vitamin D
• It can provide as much of these nutrients as dairy and milk products
• the phosphorus, vitamin B12 an omega-3fatty acids that it contains are added benefits as well
• Most people consume sardines out of a can
• The sardines can be added to any mashed dish and made into sandwiches, pizzas or salads
Sardines are also consumed in the fresh form in salads or with different sauces.